- This event has passed.
Weekend at the Farm
September 5, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - September 17, 2017 @ 3:00 pm
Grace and Peace will once again be spending the weekend camping on the Carlson’s farm Sept 15-17. Worship will be held there on Sunday morning. Most of the congregation will be sleeping in tents in the field behind the house, but if you are not an “outdoor type,” we’ll find you someplace indoors (the quality of your accommodations is directly proportional to the notice we receive but there are indoor bathrooms for everyone). We have extra tents too if you are outdoorsy but currently gear challenged. It’s going to be a great time even if you just make a day trip out of it.
How do we fill our time?
- We’ll break bread together and do a lot of catching up. Saturday evening we’ll get a roasted pig.
- Our neighbor has a menagerie (the most recent addition was 5 bison) we can go visit. Note to folks that have been here before: the horses are gone, so no horseback riding this year.
- There’s also a rock formation in the middle of a nearby stream that in springtime might be called a waterfall we have visited in the past – with the recent rain levels don’t expect even a trickle though.
- Cornhole/ladder golf
- We may make some apple cider
- You may want to play some board games
- Large fields for kids to run free – bubbles, kites, etc.
What do you need to bring?
Nothing; just let Matt or Rachel know what you need.
What would be nice to bring?
- Sleeping bag/bed roll
- Camp Chair
- Towels if you want to shower.
- Food and/or beer
Still have questions?